All Polar Seal windows carry a Best-In-Business warranty. Depending on whether your windows were purchased and installed by the manufacturer (Polar Seal Window Corp) or by one of our trusted dealers determines the type of warranty offered.
MANUFACTURER INSTALLED WARRANTY.
There will be no charge for any parts, labor, material or service charges for any repairs necessary to Polar Seal windows or patio doors (installed by Polar Seal Window Corp.) for any reason, whether due to manufacturing defect, installation related issues, even customer misuse, abuse or accident (see below for *exceptions) for as long as the original purchaser owns them.
This warranty is NOT transferrable to subsequent owners, however, the standard Polar Seal warranty will still be in effect in that situation. All other aspects of the Polar Seal standard warranty remain in effect.
Exclusions: Damages related to civil unrest, tornado, storm, wind, flood, fire, war, pets and garage door wraps are NOT covered under this warranty. Caulk is covered, but damages attributable to its deterioration are not. Please contact us immediately for caulking repairs to reduce the chance of damage occurring. Blinds-in-glass and Suntuitive limited to 10 year warranty. CONDENSATION ON WINDOWS WHICH MAY OCCUR AS THE NATURAL RESULT OF HUMIDITY WITHIN THE HOUSE AND INTERIOR/EXTERIOR TEMPERATURE DIFFERENTIAL DOES NOT INDICATE A DEFECT IN THE WINDOW AND IS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS WARRANTY.
DEALER INSTALLED WARRANTY.
LIMITED LIFETIME; 2-YEAR FREE SERVICE
Polar Seal warrants to the original purchaser of its windows and patio doors; purchased through an authorized dealer and/or sold by Polar Seal as an uninstalled product (separate warranty available for products sold and installed directly by Polar Seal), that there will be no charge for necessary parts or material.
1. Frame, sash, hardware and all moving parts: will be free from manufacturing defects and will not rot, rust, crack warp, pit, corrode, peel or blister for the lifetime of the product. Latches, locks, balancers and all moving parts will remain in operating condition for the lifetime of the product.
2. Exterior color cladding: will not rot, rust, crack, warp, pit, corrode, peel, blister or suffer non-uniform discoloration for a period of 20 years from date of installation. Polar Seal will provide service on color cladding after 20 years; however, labor/material charges will apply. Normal weathering may occur as a result of sunlight or extremes of weather and atmosphere. The degree to which normal weathering occurs depends on air quality, location and the other conditions over which Polar Seal has no control.
3. Insulated glass units: are warranted to be free from stress cracks, seal failures (resulting in condensation between the panes of glass), and obstructions of view for a period of 20 years from the date of installation.
4. Obtaining service: Warranty service may be obtained through the installing dealer or through Polar Seal Window Corp.; 625 Century Ave. S.W., Grand Rapids, MI 49503. The registration number on the warranty card provided by the installing dealer MUST be presented by the owner of the product(s) when requesting service. The installing dealer must have authorization from Polar Seal in order to be reimbursed for repair costs. Polar Seal or the installing dealer will make an inspection and begin the process of repair within 30 days of notice of such valid warranty claims. Service charges apply 2 years after date of installation for Polar Seal to make service calls. Polar Seal reserves the right to make substitutions when changes of product have occurred and cannot guarantee perfect match of color or glass.
5. Transfer of warranty: To transfer this warranty, simply notify Polar Seal within 60 days of transfer at the above address in writing with a copy of the original warranty or the warranty registration number. Failure to notify will result in a service charge being imposed for inspection of warranty claims.
6. Extension of warranty: Warranty on repairs or replacements will extend only for a maximum of 20 years from the date of original purchase. Polar Seal makes no other promises or warranties and none are offered. Dealers may offer separate warranties in addition, but they are not binding on Polar Seal Window Corp.
7. Exclusions: Polar Seal cannot be held responsible for service, parts or damages attributable to installation. This warranty does not cover costs of removal or installation of any product. The installing dealer may provide that warranty. Defects caused by anyone unauthorized by Polar Seal to perform service will not be covered under this warranty. Polar Seal cannot be held responsible for faulty caulking. Installing dealers may provide that warranty. Polar Seal cannot be held responsible for condensation that may appear on the glass. This is the result of extreme local weather conditions and/or interior humidity levels. Polar Seal cannot be held responsible for damage due to misuse, unreasonable use, physical abuse, failure to perform reasonable maintenance, accident, normal weathering, fire, acts of God, civil unrest or war. Polar Seal does not warrant fixing damage resulting from any of the above.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL POLAR SEAL BE LIABLE TO PURCHASER OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES RESULTING FROM POLAR SEAL'S PRODUCTS OR FOR SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUESNTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The above constitutes the complete warranty by Polar Seal and is independent of any other guarantee or warranty made by any dealers, distributors or installers. Except as herein stated, POLAR SEAL WINDOW CORP. makes no express guarantee or warranty and none shall be inferred. Any implied warranties are limited to the duration of the express warranties set forth herein.
CONDENSATION ON WINDOWS WHICH MAY OCCUR AS THE NATURAL RESULT OF HUMIDITY WITHIN THE HOUSE AND INTERIOR/EXTERIOR TEMPERATURE DIFFERENTIAL DOES NOT INDICATE A DEFECT IN THE WINDOW AND IS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS WARRANTY.
PATIO DOOR WARRANTY: Polar Seal Window Corp. warrants to the original purchaser of the Polar Seal Patio Door that all frame, sash, hardware and moving parts will be free from manufacturing defects and will not rot, rust, crack, warp, pit, corrode, peel or blister for 20 years from the date of manufacture. Latches, locks and all moving parts will remain in operating condition for 20 years from the date of manufacture. Insulated glass units are warranted to be free from stress cracks, seal failures and obstruction of vision for a period of 20 years from the date of manufacture. All exclusions, transfer policies, extensions of warranty and means of obtaining service can be found above (items 4 – 7 are identical for the patio door).